Exhibiting at a gift show is a huge undertaking and there are many items planning before you exhibit at a large show of this type. Following is a short, but not exhaustive planning list:
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will be on your feet for long hours
- Make plans to arrive early to have plenty of time to set up your booth
- Bring plenty of business cards and flyers to give to the interested buyers at your booth
- Have a notepad handy to make notes
- Find a product – food samples works well – to leer buyers into your booth. Most buyers can’t resist stopping to try your newest tasty samples you offer inside your booth.
- Collect as many business cards from potential buyers as possible (NOTE: Many gift shows have a scanning system where, for a fee, you can rent a “reader” that will automatically read buyers badges and later give you a contact list of those potential buyers.)
- Pick up all the free retail literature or magazines available at these shows. They have valuable information on potential lines and potential customers you can do business with later.