Running a success business is not a hit or miss endeavor. It takes planning, focus and persistence.
Early in the year, I often reflect on my plans, how business transpired the previous year, and what I want to do differently in the new year. I recently found this article on one of my favorite ‘inspiration sites’ and found it expresses the idea better than I ever could!
HOW TO GEAR UP FOR SUCCESS AS A PROFESSIONAL
by Nido Qubein
Benjamin Disraeli once said: “The secret of success in life is … to be ready for opportunity when it comes.” My staff and I have discovered that there are 10 basic requirements for success as a professional:
- Youmust have a solid, marketable idea and the commitment to do whatever it takes to make it work.
- You must have the skills and expertise to translate that idea into concrete action.
- You must have a clear vision as to where you want to go — both personally and professionally.
- You must have a solid plan of action that is based on workable strategies.
- You must have or be able to create the resources to implement that plan.
- You must be willing and able to motivate and guide the people who can help you put your plan and ideas into action.
- You must be able to always see the big picture, yet be willing to get your hands dirty in the day-to-day activities — to become involved in both the macro and micro dimensions of running a successful practice.
- You must develop the systems that make the right things happen at the right times.
- You must exercise the disciplines to constantly be doing the right things, at the right times, and in the right ways.
- You must be able to measure your success in tangible terms and predetermined timetables.
If you like this article — if it speaks to you — please share it with your friends!