Thanksgiving is just a day or so away, and we are already getting an increase of orders on our Tastes of Idaho site. I hope you are too!
So with all the craziness going on this week, I was just not sure what to post. As it is, I will be taking a few days off, so this will be my only post for the week ….. but what is relevant at this point in time.
My friends at the Arts Business Institute shared an article that I thought was perfect. Here it is:
1. Send out emails now to your retail and wholesale buyers to encourage gift purchases and last-minute orders. This is prime time to do an e-blast to capture repeat orders from those customers who already own your work, and to convert prospects who have shown an interest.
2. Provide incentives for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday shopping. Will you offer free shipping? Gift wrap with any purchase? Make your offer time-sensitive to spur those purchases.
3. Give shipping deadlines. Encourage buyers to purchase now if they want their order shipped in time for that important holiday gift.
4. Be versatile. Make it easy to buy by offering gift cards for your online store, or a gift certificate for that special someone. This makes it a no-brainer to give a gift of art.
5. Get organized before you head out to those retail shows by bringing a guest book for collecting email addresses of customers and others who love your work. This will be the list you will reach out to on a regular basis in your future drip marketing campaigns.
6. Focus on excellent customer service. Answer your emails, respond to special requests. You are building relationships that will produce repeat business far into the future
7. Check your website. Is it current? Have an email sign up form? Ready with a holiday message?
8. Spread the word about your open studio event, art walk, pop up show, through direct mail with invitations, through email, and on social media.
9. Make phone calls to your best accounts to see if they need any fill-in orders that you can quickly ship.
So with that list, I am done with holiday tips for this year.
Go out there and sell ….. sell …. sell ……. and make sure to take time for yourself and your family!