I am a systems person!
When I got sick back in 2007-2009, the daily systems I had set up saved my business. With my injured ankle and then my Alzheimers issues (I am a recovering Alzheimers patient!! Long story, but you can read it here, if you like!), I would have been lost without the systems that did a lot of my thinking for me.
After that point, I knew I had to do things different. Even the systems I had previously set up weren’t enough, so I worked even more to automate my business.
But through all of this, I discovered a secret that had helped me greatly: Developing a morning routine! As silly as that may sound, my morning routine inspires me to get out of bed in the morning to start my day — which was unheard of previous to all my health issues.
MY morning routine
- First thing in the morning, I read something inspirational — something that makes me feel like I can do whatever I want to do that day. Currently, I read the daily devotion in Science of Mind Magazine, but you can chose anything that will work to inspire you!
- Second, I journal about my day: What I want to accomplish — should it be a certain business project or just a feeling of purpose for the day. Typically, I just write up a page in a spiral notebook you can buy just about anywhere there are office or school supplies.
- Next, I spend the next few minutes reading my note out loud, meditating on it, and visualizing myself more forward with it.
- From there, I read messages from the inspirational Facebook groups I am member.
- Once I have finished all of that, I have my breakfast and go about the work of my business.
This routine helps me keep a positive perspective moving forward. With all the craziness that goes on in the world, I need to focus on the positive things in my life — and when I want to incorporate those positive thoughts to make my business more successful.
My friend, May McCarthy, has written a book on this subject that inspired me to create my morning routine. You can read my about her book in my Business Tip post: The Path to Wealth.
If you are interested in nore information on business systems, check out the following: