In all the years I’ve worked in retail and wholesaling, I know this time of the year is often stressful for both stores and producers.
On one hand, getting all kinds of wholesale or retail orders can be very exciting, but if you are not prepared, it can become a nightmare very quickly.
So over the six plus years of writing articles, I’ve shared a bunch of good tips from lots of different industry folks.
To make it easier for you, I am compiling the best ones here to help ease and motivate you to have a wonderful 4th quarter!
- 5 Tips for Thriving During the Holiday — Stress is at an all time high during the holidays and it is even higher for small business trying to get orders shipped in a timely order…. Check out tips from Rob Fortier.
- Are You Prepared for Holiday Marketing? — Last week, I attended a webinar put on by Nik Rajpal from Exclusive Concepts. Nik and his co-host talked extensively about Google Shopping and ’17 Elements of Holiday Success in Online Retail PPC’. ….Check out what Nik has to share.
- Last Minute Holiday Tips — Thanksgiving is just a day or so away, and we are already getting an increase of orders on our Tastes of Idaho site. I hope you are too! …. Hear what the Arts Business Institute shares.
- Getting Your Business Ready for the Holiday Rush — With everything going on during this time of the year, getting your business ready for the holiday rush is a bit late. It you are not ready now, you may not be as effective with fulfilling your retail order. … Tips from my presentation on The Mogul Mom.
- Getting Your Shipping System in Order — With the Christmas holiday right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about developing and/or setting up a clean efficient shipping system. When the rush hits (which is usually right after Thanksgiving), you may be too busy to figure out what you could have done to make the process easier or at least more efficient. … Tips from Tim Adams at Handmadeology
- Motivation During the Holiday Season — I don’t know about you, but beyond shipping holiday retail orders each day, I don’t have much energy to do anything for the rest of the day! At the end of the day, I don’t even want to answer my phone because I know it is probably one more order from someone who doesn’t want to order via the website! .. Allyson Stanfield from the Art Biz Insider shares her ideas