The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity
by Julia Cameron
We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
— Julia Cameron
We continue our tips from Julia Cameron on creativity!
Have you ever thought that your main purpose on earth is to be creative. Of course, pro-creation is part of this, but how about just look at this as expressing our creativity.
I firmly believe that each of us has a gift to share. This gifts can be the ability to teach, to write, to paint, to produce, to make music …. the list goes on and on.
But how many of us hide this creative nature? I know I did for a long time.
Let’s be open to letting this side of us to come forth and manifest! We are just adding to the beauty of our world when we do!
The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
— Julia Cameron
Do you go through times in your life that you just don’t want to pursue your true nature? You know the feeling: Let’s just let life happen!
According to Julia, this is counter to our true nature. Now, of course, we all go through periods where we feel ‘stuck’ where we are at, but usually, they don’t last long.
We are meant to be creative — in some form or fashion — in our lives. To purposely chose to NOT be creative is self-willed and against our true nature.
What do you think? Do you ever try to ‘fight’ your desire to be creative? If so, how does that make you feel? In my case, it makes me feel worthless, useless, and short of expressing my natural gifts and abilities.
To conclude my series of tips from The Artist’s Way, I would like to share her entire list of Basic Principles: “The bedrock on which creative recovery and discovery can be built!”
- Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy; pure creative energy.
- There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life — including ourselves.
- When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
- We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
- Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
- The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
- When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
- As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
- It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
- Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
Julia suggests that every artist read one or more of these affirmations every day to help you on your creative journey!
Join my FaceBook group here, if you would like to continue receiving quotes & tips throughout the workweek!