With Christmas right around the corner and with many of us rushing retail orders and packages out the door as fast as we can, I thought I would share this unique Christmas gift list with you.
The Best Christmas Gifts Ever!!
- Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way Christmas is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
- Visit someone in a nursing home. You don’t have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
- Instead of writing the government complaining about the wording on the cards the staff sent out this year, why don’t you write and tell them that you’ll be praying for them and their families this year.
- Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can’t afford and they don’t need, spend time with them. Hold them in your arms and remind them that they are loved.
- Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
- Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don’t know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
- Instead of nitpicking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. A warm smile and a kind word can go a long way.
- Here’s a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no “Christmas” tree but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don’t know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to some other charity and they will make the delivery for you.
Let’s celebrate the season with love, compassion and understanding!